How to create a WordPress blog in a cheap and easy way? (With Bluehost)
Today you will learn all about how to easily create your own blog and how to create a blog with WordPress. Blogging changed my life and allowed me to start having the dream financial freedom, all doing something that I really enjoy.
In addition, you can create a blog that generates money with only a couple of dollars per month. Below I have included a discounted price that I personally negotiated with Bluehost so that all my readers can start a blog cheaply. You will also receive a free domain through my link. Use it fast because I do not know how long this discount will last!
Click here to create a WordPress blog and then use the tutorial below for step-by-step instructions to success.
If you are looking to create a blog in WordPress cheap, then choosing Bluehost to take care of hosting your web can be your answer. Bluehost is a good host and personally, I have had good experiences with them in many of my projects.
Blogging has been one of the best things that have happened to me. As you can see in my income reports (soon, subscribe to the blog to have them on the way out), is one of my biggest sources of income, we could say that it helped me to achieve the famous “financial freedom.”
I am able to work from home, I can travel whenever I want, I have a flexible schedule and more. I am enjoying life completely, I still do not believe how much my life has improved in the last few years since I dared to take the step and start with this.
Anyone can make money with a blog, and I myself was able to recover the money invested in paying the host very fast. It is very profitable to pay for a host for your blog and I am sure that you will also be able to recover the investment quickly (and more following the guides on this blog;).
So, what are we going to use?
Bluehost is one of the largest web hosting companies in 2017 and now, thanks to the agreement I have achieved, for a limited time and for being a reader of this blog, you can create your own blog with them for only $ 3.75 a month, it is Say, about 3.25 € (this low price is only available from my link!). Also, if you register using my link, you will also receive a free domain if we buy the host for 12 months or more (remember that a domain is worth at least $ 15 and you get it for free). I really recommend you choose the 12 months hosting plan at Bluehost. It is very economical and you can save a lot more money than registering for less than 12 months.
You may be thinking, “Well, I could just start with Blogger, which is cheaper.” NOOOOO … Do not do it. Really. There are many reasons why a blog in Blogger / Blogspot is a very bad idea (and I say this having had many blogs on Blogger).
If you are interested in making money with your blog, freelancing business or get to convert that into your business, then pay for your hosting, as it can be through Bluehost, is something NEEDED. It is extremely cheap if you use Bluehost And you get a free domain. You can make your own ads, affiliate links, direct mail, etc … with a blog running on Bluehost. Making money on Blogger or any other free blogging platform is very difficult, and in many cases never happens. This is because most advertisers and companies tend to distance themselves from the sites created on Blogger because they do not see these sites as professionals as opposed to paying for a hosting for a WordPress blog, so that’s another big reason for you to use Bluehost.
In addition, as you will see in my financial reports coming soon, my blog revenue did not start working well until the moment I change my blog platforms to WordPress.
Read more about why you should pay for hosting here. (Coming soon, subscribe to my blog to be the first to read it!)
More reasons to choose this hosting provider
There are many more reasons why you should choose Bluehost to have your blog in WordPress and honestly one of them is because I believe they are one of the best hosting companies. Other reasons are:
- It is very easy to use. Yes, ANYONE can create a blog in WordPress easily with my tutorial. Bluehost makes this process really easy to create a blog on WordPress.
- Bluehost offers immediate technical support.
- Bluehost is extremely affordable and offers cheap web hosting. You can have a blog of your own and your only real expense will be the cheap blog hosting, which you can get it from only 3.75 $ a month.
- You get a FREE domain (yes, you can have an address to your blog .com).
- Installing WordPress through Bluehost is FREE
- Bluehost offers a guarantee in the event that you decide that this is not for you. If you register with Bluehost, but you are confused for some reason (like how to configure something, choose a plan, prices, etc …), you can always contact me and I will help you.
- You will have your own host. If you want to monetize your blog, you will need to have your own host, which you will accomplish here.
- You will be much more professional before readers, companies, and others if you have your own host in Bluehost instead of Blogspot.
First, you’ll need to go to Bluehost to do any of the following steps. There are many hosting companies by the Internet, but honestly, Bluehost is currently one of the best. That is one of the reasons why many bloggers choose Bluehost as their web hosting.
If you plan to start a blog in Bluehost and you are interested in learning how to create a blog in WordPress, continue with this guide. Remember, if you register with Bluehost but you are confused for some reason (like how to configure it, choose a plan, prices, etc …), you can always contact me and I will help you to solve it.
That’s why I’m here so do not be embarrassed to do it.
Click here to begin the process.
How to create a blog in WordPress with Bluehost
1. Register your domain name
To do this you can click here to buy a domain name and create a blog (a domain name is the address of the blog, for example, google.com or aworkonline.com), then continue with the following steps (do not worry, they are Simple;).
The first thing you need to do when you start a WordPress blog at Bluehost is to think about what your domain name will be. This can be tricky, so I’ll give you a few tips on this.
I do not even remember correctly how I got to the name of my blog. It’s a rather long name and sometimes I regret it. Trying to tell people the name of my blog can become frustrating, many do not remember that in front of aworkonline goes an “a”!
You can get your domain directly through Bluehost and make that whole process really simple. If you do so, you will get a FREE domain the first year as long as you buy an annual or larger plan at Bluehost. This makes it really cost effective to hire a hosting plan for at least 12 months since it will save you a lot of money this way. You will also get a much cheaper monthly price by buying at least 12 months of hosting, so the free domain makes it even better if it is possible. If you decide to do so and achieve free domain, simply continue to the next step so that you can buy your hosting and get the domain free, all in one step.
The “Basic” package is all you need for now
2. Buy the host for your blog
Setting up a WordPress blog in Bluehost is very simple. First, we’ll talk about the costs of a blog:
- To get the cheapest price to start a blog, you must choose the basic plan (“Basic”), which is basically everything you need. It’s only $3.95 per month via my link if you sign up for 36 months. If you contract a 24-month plan, then the price will be $4.95 per month. If you decide to hire for only 12 months, the price will be $5.95 per month. $4.95 is something that can be afforded by anyone and is a good plan to choose (especially since you receive a free domain for that price!). If you are not sure if you will get away with the subject of being a blogger, I would hire for 12 months since the total price is only $65.40, which is still a very good price. In addition, you will continue to receive the free domain when you register for 12 months or more which will save you a lot of money.
- The basic plan (“Basic”) is all that you really need, for now, so do not plan the Plus and Business plans that are more expensive. You can always change plans later if you see that you need them (and only pay the difference), so there is no need to register for extras you do not need.
- The only option you might want to pay is Domain Privacy Protection, which costs only $0.99 per month, which serves to keep contact information safe.
- Except for the option I just mentioned, you do not need any other options that Bluehost sells, so I would un-select all other options that were marked.
- Remember, if you hire using my link, then you will get your domain for free when you buy 12 months or more. (This was my link: http://bluehost.com/track/nautadev ;))
Even if it sounds repetitive, I really want to repeat it because you should buy the plan for at least 12 months. Paying month by month is less effective, and I really recommend you at least 12 months for many reasons. By registering for that period (or more), you receive a free domain (something I did not do when I started and it was very expensive), a lower price and you do not have to worry about losing your website if you miss the payment day every month. For example, if the host is not renewed or the card expires, your blog will close and you risk losing your business (visitors/traffic) by going paying on a monthly basis. It is also much more expensive since you pay annually or more. The more years you contract, the less you will pay.
A host for a blog will probably cost you around $65 a year, or about $142 for 3 years, which is a good price.
When you are ready to create your blog, follow the steps that I have below to buy the hosting for your blog.
- Go to Bluehost and click on the button that says “Get Started Now”
- Click on the package you are interested in (for example the basic package called “Basic”)
- Enter the domain name you want to register
- Enter your personal and payment information
- Then you will have to set a password. Make sure it is safe since this information is very important
3. Connect your domain and your hosting
Note: You can skip this section (Section 3) if you purchased your domain directly from Bluehost (in the previous step).
If you have purchased your domain through another system like Go Daddy, then you will need to connect your domain with your host. Go Daddy has a complete support page for configuring the nameservers in your domain name. Anyway, below I put a summary:
“When you register a domain name with us [GoDaddy], we will configure it with our nameservers on a temporary page that will be shown to visitors trying to access that domain. After you decide which hosting company you will use, you can change the nameservers of Your domain to point to your host instead of to that temporary page. “
How to modify your DNS Nameservers when you are using GoDaddy for your domain and Bluehost for your hosting:
- Sign in with the GoDaddy.com account manager
- Select the Manage Domains option from the Domain Names menu or from the Manage Your Account list
- Select the domain name you want to modify and click Set Name Servers.
- Enter your updated information for your new nameservers, then click Save Changes. Your entered nameservers should be something like ns1.bluehost.com; ns2.bluehost.com.
Now you need to add the domain you purchased (for example via GoDaddy) as an add-on domain on your host in Bluehost. You can do this by clicking on “Domains” when you are logged into your Bluehost account and then clicking on “assign”. Follow the steps that will indicate you, and it will be very simple!
4. Install WordPress on Bluehost
Okay, this is probably the step we’ve all been waiting for. If you want to start a blog with WordPress in Bluehost, then continue reading.
This part is not so difficult after all since Bluehost makes it very easy to create a blog with WordPress and also does it for FREE.
- When you are in your cPanel (you will receive a link to it in your Bluehost welcome e-mail), look for the “One Click Install” button.
- Then, click on the WordPress icon on the next page (it is under the “Blogs” section).
- Click on the “Start” button. This will start the installation.
- Once in the installation process, you will have to choose which domain to install WordPress (normally the one you have bought for this blog). Click the drop-down menu and choose the domain.
- Now, you will see “Advanced Options”. This is where you will choose your username and password for your WordPress website. You should choose something safe. Do not use “Admin” as your username. In many of my websites, I receive hacking attempts that try to access my sites, and the most tested user is that. Instead of that username, create a username that is a combination of different letters, numbers, and any other character you can use. You’ll also want to check the “Automatically create a new database for this installation” option unless you already have another database (if you do not know, you probably do not have one).
- Click “Install Now”.
- Remember to save your username and password.
WOOOOOOO! You already have your blog with WordPress. Now you have to work on designing and producing high-quality content. Good luck!
If you have registered with Bluehost, but you are confused for any reason (like how to configure it, choose a plan, a price, etc …), you can always contact me and I will help you to solve the problem. It is for this reason that I am here so do not be afraid to get in touch with me.
Some general tips for using WordPress:
- To log in to your WordPress account, you need to save the login information you will receive in a separate email. You will receive this e-mail after completing the steps in section 4 (this section). This email will include your address to log in to your WordPress blog (your address is unlike any other so that only you can access that account), your username and password. Make sure you keep this information safe.
- You can add and create new posts by clicking on the “Posts” section in the left side panel when you are logged in. If you want to add a page, simply click on “Page”.
- If you want to add an image, click on “Media”
- You can go to “Appearance”, then “Widgets” to add new sections to different parts of your blog.
Finally, if the part of designing your blog and configuring it seems a bit more complicated and after creating the blog you just want to have a perfectly designed and functional blog, ready to start posting and setting up your business, Maybe you are interested in the service I offer, which for only $15, I take care of all that work and in less than 4 days you would have your blog with a professional design, configured and protected against hackers, ready to be positioned On Google and start posting content. Here is the link to my service (by the way, if you say that you come from this blog, you will receive a discount;)): https://goo.gl/qVaAdv.
Here are some posts related to WordPress and blogs that you should read after creating your WordPress blog:
- Why should you create a blog? – Too many benefits! (Coming soon)
- Tips for Blogger Beginners Part 1 – The Basics (Coming Soon)
- How to make money blogging? (Coming soon)
- How to become a writer for successful blogs? (Coming soon)
- How to promote your blog through networks? (Coming soon)
- 9 Important Tips for New Bloggers (Coming Soon)
- What should you plan before you start a blog? (Coming soon)
- How to start a blog? – Tips for Beginners (Coming Soon)
- Ways to earn euros, hundreds of euros or thousands of euros a month with a blog (Coming soon)
- And more (I’ll update this list)
Remember, subscribe with your e-mail to the blog, it is free and you will always receive my last articles with which you will finally learn to live something that can become your passion and your work: The Internet.
Do you have a blog? Do you use Bluehost for your blog? Share your rookie mistakes for others to learn! Has my tutorial helped you start a WordPress blog on Bluehost?